About Tim Ganley, Bachelor of Science; 500 E-Registered Yoga Alliance Teacher; Yoga Alliance SUP & Yoga Instructor Trainer (the first certified instructor); Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher; Certified Master Fitness Trainer; Mobility Technician and Nutrition Specialist; Adventure Coach; Assemblage Point Shifter & Trainer; Electronic Gem Therapy Practitioner; Reiki Master – Tim Ganley is the founder of Yoga Energy Studio and the creator of KaYoga™.
TIM’S YOGA HISTORY
Tim’s yoga practice began in 1980. Tim teaches a variety of yoga styles inspired by his great teachers and his ongoing quest for spiritual improvement. Tim’s passion is developing programs and practices to meet the unique needs of his Students and Clients.
Tim has trained with many renowned yogis in the US and overseas. He has trained with Rodney Yee, Beryl Bender Birch, Shiva Rea, Kate Potter, Jill Miller, Judith Lasater and Yogi Hari to name a few.
Tim has also studied the concepts and philosophies behind Joseph and Lilian LePage (Integrative Yoga Therapy), Gary Kraftsow (ViniYoga Therapy), Mukunda Stiles (Structural Yoga Therapy), Paul Grilley (Yin Yoga), Sivananda, Integral Yoga, Baron Baptiste (Power Flow), John Friend (Anusara), Iyengar, Bikram, Kripalu, Kundalini, Ashtanga and Jivamukti.
Tim has been teaching yoga for over 25 years and has been full-time guiding and mentoring numerous teachers/yoga studios for the past 15 years.
TIM’S MASTER TRAINER HISTORY
Tim started his studies of fitness in 1980. He has been teaching private and group training since 1984 and full-time since 1999. His style of training incorporates strength, endurance, power and mobility.
Tim was named Tampa Bay’s Best Personal Trainer and was identified as one of the top 100 most educated fitness experts in the nation by Phil Kaplan and Crunch Fitness.
TIM’S WATERMAN TRAINING
Tim developed his “Sea Legs” at a very early age. Tim has spent his entire life on different types of water crafts and waterways.
His first venture was on Lake Huron followed by the waterways of Tampa Bay to the oceans and rivers of the world. Here is a chronological list of his trainings and abilities as a waterman:
- Canoeing and skimboarding at age 7
- Started his rescue career at age 8 saving his cousin from drowning when she developed a seizure that drew her to the bottom of a pool
- Surfing by age 10 (Surfing on Lake Huron but looking back it was more like Stand Up Paddling. His first board being a used 7ft 2” Con Butterfly.)
- Joined Coast Guard Auxiliary at age 14 and trained in Rescue Techniques, Aids to Navigation and Towing
- Member of the Bayshore High School Sailing Club
- Worked for several local marinas during High School
- Sailed and Raced Hobie Cats
- Marine Mechanics Training
- Sea and White Water Kayaking
- Joined the U.S. Coast Guard at age 17
— Aids to Navigation, Safety and Rescue
— Rescue Boat Swimmer
— Certified Small Boat Operator
— Received Cutterman’s pin
- Certified Advanced Open Water Scuba Diver
- Certified Cavern Diver
- Certified Search and Rescue Scuba Diver
- Boat Operator St. Pete Beach PD (SPBPD)
- Scuba Diver and Rescue Swimmer for SPBPD
- Member of the Blue Lightening Task Force for U.S. Customs
- Kayaking Guide since 1999
- Stand Up Paddle Board Guide since 2007
- SUP and Yoga Teacher Training Instructor since 2007