There are lots of things that you can have for breakfast while stand up paddle camping but this is a meal that is simple to make, takes minimal space, tastes great and gives you a lot of sustained energy. It helps us go without snacks ’til lunch.
This meal is considered Ayurvedic and Paleo. If you are allergic to nuts or any of the items below, please do not eat this!!
Preparation, prior to camping:
Preferably, as many of the ingredients as possible should be organic. The fruit should have no added sugar.
Step 1. Combine a mixture of:
– Raw cashews, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds.
– Dried apples, apricots, pineapples, figs, golden raisins, currants and blueberries.
– A few cacao beans.
Step 2. Put it all in a blender and blend for no more than 1 minute. Careful not to overdo it.
Step 3. Separate the desired amounts in ziploc type bags.
Step 4. In every bag, add some dried unsweetened coconut flakes, cinnamon, cardamom and nutmeg
Step 5. Get your favorite coconut milk packages.
Preparation at campsite:
Step 1. Heat the coconut milk in a Jetboil or similar type stove.
Step 2. Transfer the desired amount of above mixture (from number 4) into a bowl.
Step 3. Add warm coconut milk and mix.
Step 4. Enjoy!!!
– To get an idea of how much may be enough, Vie is 108 lbs, she uses 1 cup of mix (measured prior to blending), I am 210 I use 2 cups of mix.
– We prepackage our personal amount separately while still at the house.
– 2 cans of coconut milk last us 3 mornings.
– It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare while camping.
– If you cannot find any or some of the above ingredients, no worries, it will still taste great!
The SUP Guide & Adventure Store’s primary goal is to introduce and educate people on how to get on the water and stand up paddle safely. We are primarily a SUP GUIDE and outfitter location. We paddle almost every day, we have no sales pitch, only great advice on paddling! We pour our time and energy into the water and stand up paddling. For us, this is a lot more than a business, it is a lifestyle. So, please check out our store on Madeira Beach or our online inventory at http://pinterest.com/yogaenergy
The Yoga Energy Studio The SUP Guide & Adventure Store
1010 Central Ave #102, St Pete, FL 15002 Madeira Way, Mad Beach, FL
Om Shreem Hreem Kleem Shreem Lakshmi Ragachchha Gachchh Mam Mandire Tishth Tishth Swaha