Here at our Stand Up Paddle Store we receive a lot of questions regarding boards and gear. This is a question that we are often asked that we would like to address: “Why should I buy an inflatable paddle board?”
There are many good reasons and here are a few:
1. Inflatable paddle boards are great for people with storage/space issues, such as apartments or boats. When deflated they become very compact.
2. Inflatable paddle boards are great for people who travel a lot. They even fit in the airplanes’s overhead compartment. With a Sawyer 3-piece paddle, you can get away with carry-on.
3. Inflatable paddle boards are great for kids. They are lightweight, easy to maneuver, they have some cushion to absorb falls on the deck and they are very hard to damage.
4. Inflatable paddle boards are great for beginner paddlers. Due to the cushioned deck absorbing falls well, they take away the very first instinctive fear of falling allowing the paddler to focus on the paddling technique.
5. Inflatable paddle boards are very durable. The surface materials used are the same high-strength materials used in white water rafts, so they can take a beating without damage or puncture. This is in contrast to a typical epoxy board that can ding and dent very easily if dropped on the rocks or just through everyday use.
When looking for an inflatable paddle board though there are a few key points to consider:
– You want to make sure that the board is strong enough to support the paddler without adopting the
“banana”-like shape in the middle.
– The board should not need extra reinforcement on the rails.
– The fill valve should be of the highest quality so you do not continuously have to refill the board.
There are many paddle board companies making inflatable boards these days but you want to look for a company who has long-term history hence experience in creating inflatable water vessels.
Yoga Energy Studio The SUP Store
1010 Central Ave #102 15221 Gulf Blvd
St Petersburg, FL 33705 Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Om Shreem Hreem Kleem Shreem Lakshmi Ragachchha Gachchh Mam Mandire Tishth Tishth Swaha