About Tim Ganley, BS, Certified Master Trainer, 500E-Registered Yoga Teacher, World Paddle Association and American Canoe Association Certified Instructor, Pre-Natal Registered Yoga Teacher, Flexibility Technician and Nutrition Specialist – Tim Ganley is the founder of Yoga Energy Studio, Strength & Movement Fitness™ and KaYoga™.
TIM’S YOGA HISTORY
Tim’s teaching style is Sthira Sukham Asanam – that is, he teaches students to flow through the physical poses with power and intensity, yet remain soft and relaxed in their body. He does this in a creative, funny and playful way. He teaches yoga classes that are firm, but happy. Tim’s yoga practice began in 1980, and he has been teaching since 1999. Tim’s classes synthesize a variety of Yoga styles. Tim is especially experienced in developing programs and practices to meet the unique needs of different groups and individuals.
Tim is E-RYT and he has trained with many renowned yogis in the US and overseas. He has trained with Rodney Yee (Asanas), Beryl Bender Birch (Ashtanga), Shiva Rea (Power Yoga), Yogi Hari (Sampoora), Jill Miller (Yoga Therapy), Judith Lasater (Restorative) and Kate Potter (Flow).
Tim has also studied the concepts and philosophies behind Joseph and Lilian LePage (Integrative Yoga Therapy), Gary Kraftsow (ViniYoga Therapy), Mukunda Stiles (Structural Yoga Therapy), Paul Grilley (Yin Yoga), Sivananda, Integral Yoga, Baron Baptiste (Power Flow), John Friend (Anusara), Iyengar, Bikram, Kripalu, Kundalini, Ashtanga and Jivamukti.
Tim has owned a Yoga Studio for over 10 years and has trained and mentored many new teachers during this time. He will provide you with the foundation to improve your own practice as well as teaching other yogis.
TIM’S MASTER TRAINER HISTORY
Tim’s fitness style is a realistic style of movement. Tim started his studies of fitness in 1980. He has been teaching private and group training since 1984. Tim has designed and developed S&M Fitness™ (that’s Strength & Movement) and S&M Training™. Before the buzzwords “core” and “functional” were introduced to the world, Tim had already been incorporating those same principles to train his clients. This specialized training incorporates strength, endurance, power and flexibility. Tim realized that traditional training routines usually become mind-and soul-numbing; So, he incorporated his knowledge to form this multi-discipline program that is fun, challenging – and actually works.
Tim is a Certified Fitness Professional. Tim was named Tampa Bay’s Best Personal Trainer. He was identified as one of the top 100 most educated fitness experts in the nation by Phil Kaplan, World Renown Trainer of the Trainers; and by Crunch Fitness to be in the top 20% of the most educated trainers.
Certifications held by: International Sports Sciences Association; National Alliance of Fitness Professionals and American Institute of Fitness Educators. Certifications/training include personal training, exercise for the older adult; active isolated stretching; functional training; yoga; Gravity GTS System, Exo-Skeletal Trainer; nutrition specialist; boot camp training.
Tim’s Personal Training Studio opened in 1998. He opened his studio to make a difference in people’s life by educating them in a healthy lifestyle to include exercise, nutrition and the importance of “enjoying life”.
Tim is a long-term fitness expert. He is dedicated to his clients and helping them achieve their goals and a healthy lifestyle. He brings to his clients holistic fitness expertise by providing mind and body programs blended with traditional (and untraditional) workout sessions that address the critical relationship between the mind and body. Tim is committed to being a true fitness professional by providing the best quality service to his clients.
TIM’S WATERMAN TRAINING
Tim developed his “Sea Legs” at a very early age. Tim has spent his entire life on different types of watercrafts and waterways.
His first venture was on Lake Huron followed by the waterways of Tampa Bay to the oceans and rivers of the world. Here is a chronological list of his trainings and abilities as a waterman:
- Canoeing and skimboarding at age 7
- Started his rescue career at age 8 saving his cousin from drowning when she developed a seizure
that drew her to the bottom of a pool
- Surfing by age 10 (Surfing on Lake Huron but looking back it was more like Stand Up Paddling.
His first board being a used 7ft 2” Con Butterfly.)
- Joined Coast Guard Auxiliary at age 14 and trained in Rescue Techniques, Aids to Navigation
- Member of the Bayshore High School Sailing Club
- Worked for several local marinas during High School
- Sailed and Raced Hobie Cats
- Marine Mechanics Training
- Sea and White Water Kayaking
- Joined the U.S. Coast Guard at age 17
— Aids to Navigation, Safety and Rescue
— Rescue Boat Swimmer
— Certified Small Boat Operator
— Received Cutterman’s pin
- Certified Advanced Open Water Scuba Diver
- Certified Cavern Diver
- Certified Search and Rescue Scuba Diver
- Boat Operator St. Pete Beach PD (SPBPD)
- Scuba Diver and Rescue Swimmer for SPBPD
- Member of the Blue Lightening Task Force for U.S. Customs
- Certified Master Fitness Trainer
- 500-hour Yoga Alliance Certified Instructor
- Developed Internationally known KaYoga
- Kayaking Guide since 1999
- Stand Up Paddle Board Guide since 2007
- SUP and Yoga Teacher since 2007
- SUP and Yoga Teacher Training Instructor since 2010
- SUP and Yoga Therapy Training Instructor since 2012